Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Convert Table to Text-dialog missing

Hi ?B?SGFuIFNjaG1pdHo=?=,

Someting changed on my computer. How and why I don't know.
Maybe somewhere I changed some settings.
Now, when I have a table in a Word-document and I want to convert this table
to Text, I don't get the standard conversion dialog anymore.
So now I cannot define the tab-character anymore, or select the leves that
must be set to text.
Word immediately changes the vhole table to paragraphed text.

Does anybody know how I can get this dialog-windoe back again?
The option Convert; Text to Table is working OK.

Check your list of macros (Tools/Macro/Macros) for a macro named
TableToOrFromText. Any macro with the same name as a built-in command will
ursurp the command.

The other possibility is that the built-in button has been replaced with a
custom button, pointing to a macro. You could try dragging in the built-in
command from Tools/Customize/Commands, the All Commands category and see if
that gives you the built-in functionality.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)