Be sure that you have set up all your outline-numbered lists according to
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html (and note
that each level must be linked to a specific style.

"tinsel" wrote in message
I need to use 3 sets of outline numbers in a document. First set - Clause

1,
1.1 etc, Second set Appendix 1, App 1.1 etc, Third Set Annex 1, Annex 1.1

etc

Having chosen Format - Bullets and Numbers - Outline Numbers and set up

the
styles appropriately, every time I select Appendix 1 which is obviously a
level 1 heading, it does not show the words Appendix 1 in the text. Also,
whenever I go back to Format - Bullets and Numbers again, it has reset

itself
back to the 'None' set of numbers.