Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Cursor

There. I knew I'd answered the same question. Please don't keep reposting
the same message. If I reply here and find someone else has answered the
question elsewhere, we would both be extremely annoyed at having duplicated
our efforts.

Start Word in Safe Mode and test again. From Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test now to see if you have the same problems. That will
give us an idea where to look for the problem.

Terry

"heshie75v" wrote in message
I did not download any add on etc.. I am only using what came with Word
2003!

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

That didn't answer the question.

Terry

"heshie75v" wrote in message
The cursor disappears when I press enter and it takes an extrodinary
amount
of time for it to reappear on the next line..This DID NOT happen with
my
office 2000.On the same PC, just upgraded to 2003

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

If you press and release the Control key, does it reappear?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"heshie75v" wrote in message
Not really, it still acts the same. Especially when I hit "enter"
the
cursor
is just gone for a while ;(

"Rae Drysdale" wrote:

Go to the Control Panel and Printers and other hardware. Select the
Mouse
Properties and Pointer Options. Uncheck hide pointer while typing
and
if
you
wish select the Show location of pointer when pressing the Ctrl
key.
Hope
this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"heshie75v" wrote:

Why does my cursore disappear when I am typing a simple letter
and
his
"enter"?
I cannot determine "where I am" in my typing ..very annoying