Beth Melton

What type of links are they? Links to other Word documents?

Also, what version of Word are you using?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"ang" wrote in message
I have tried both of these already to no avail. Whenever I open a
document
with a linked object it just automatically updates instead of asking
me if I
want to update anything. Any other ideas???

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In Tools Options General, uncheck "Update automatic links at
open". In
the Print tab of the same dialog, uncheck "Update links" if you
don't want
to update when printing.