Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Overcopied files

"roccogrand" wrote in message
A friend just called and said that he had copied an old version of a Word
file from a USB stick onto his PC over a version that he had spent a
couple
days working on.

Is there a temp file somewhere on his PC with the previous version intact?

I remember reading a few years ago that Copy is the most dangerous
command.
Did it get him?

He's frantic...and before I tell him to start retyping the document, I am
asking for a definitive answer to his question.

Thx.

LDN

What did he do when the "confirm file replace" dialogue came up ?

The warning dialogue is to help prevent that very thing !

Geoff