Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kristen Kristen is offline

Default File Names for MailMerge Documents

How do you save a new document generated from an existing MailMerge
Template/Document as the same name as the original document/template rather
than MS Word creating a new document with the merge info and calling it
"Letter1." For example, if my original document with the merge fields in it
is called Kristen when I select the merge function and the new document
opens, I want it to default to the name Kristen.doc when I use the
File-SaveAs command and then I will edit the file name before saving to be
Kristen013107(or something unique) before saving it so that it doesn't
overwrite the original Kristen.doc base merge template.

Likewise, is there a way after you save a file that is in a specified
directory after it has been merged, to have this file moved and/or copied to
another specified directory. Thanks in advance for any help!