Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michele.Cross Michele.Cross is offline

Default Footnotes within merged form letters

Thank you Peter, it worked perfectly!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

If you're in Word 2002/2003, in your Mail merge Main Document, go to
Insert|Reference|Footnote, and change the "Numbering" to "Restart each
section".

In Word 97/2000 the same option is in Insert|Footnote|Options.

When you merge to Form Letters, each new letter is in a new section and you
should see the numbering restart.

Peter Jamieson
"Michele.Cross" wrote in message
news
How do I maintain footnote numbering in merged form letters? I had a
simple
four page letter going out to several contacts; however, my footnotes
printed
as continuously numbered, rather than the initial numbering after I merged
the records into a "new document".