Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

Default SmartTags Not Working

Thank you. That tip worked.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Additionally, if this is Word 2002, see "WD2002: Footnote ScreenTip May
Not
Be Displayed" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318865

so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
This is nothing to do with Smart Tags - it is a Screen Tip (Word 2003) or
Tooltip in Document (Word 2007).

If you are making changes which are not being saved you may have a rogue
AddIn (Acrobat 7 is a prime candidate).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Richard O. Neville" wrote in message
link.net...
I use footnotes in my documents. It should be possible to hover the
mouse
over the footnote number and see the text in a SmartTag, but mine has
stopped working. I went to Tools-Options-View, unchecked the view

SmartTags
box, closed Word, rechecked the box so it's now working, closed Word

again,
but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?