Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cynwalker cynwalker is offline

Default Lose header/footer after deleting last page of document

Got it. Thanks everyone for the help. The articles did it.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The headers and footers are stored in the final paragraph mark of the
document (or in section breaks, if you have any of those).

When you select the page to delete, make sure you don't select the
last paragraph mark. That's easiest to do if you display nonprinting
characters by clicking the ΒΆ button on the toolbar.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm for more
explanation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:46:00 -0800, cynwalker
wrote:

I have a document with headers & footers (different header for first page). I
ended up with an extra page in the document and I can't delete it without
deleting my headers and footers at the same time.