Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default Numbered Lists - Restart Numbering

Hat's either ToolsTemplates and Add-InsAttach... Automatically update
styles on open, or the list template has not been correctly associated with
the styles you are using.

Read Shauna Kelly's website, and remember that a list template is not a
style, and it is not part of a style, it's a separate list description. It
can be associated with a style, and it behaves a little like a style: but
there's one of each in play in each list.

On 16/2/07 8:04 AM, in article
, "writer12"
wrote:

My documents are based on styles that I did not create. In all of the
documents, the list restarts numbering as it should. I cannot get the lists
to restart numbering in the latest doc, which is a copy of another doc, even
using all of your suggestions. Even when I manually restart the lists (72 of
them!), it reverts even tho templates are not set to automatically update.
What else can I try?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410