Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default A password cracker/remover for Office 2003's Word document?

Hypnotism has often been suggested and very likely would work.

"Ant" wrote in message
On 2/20/2007 12:08 AM PT, Graham Mayor wrote:

There's no 'best' and as far as I know no 'free' password cracker for

Word.
Encrypted documents are not easy to open- if they were there would be no
point in having such protection. Crackers work on the principles of

testing
every possible combination and use various ruses to shortcut the

process,
but the fact remains that a strong password is going to take a lot of
processing time to crack - and as Terry suggests, who are these people

you
are giving your credit card details to?

Wow, password protection has improved? I remember back in the older
versions like 97(?), the password protections were weak.

I also don't trust those credit card details to others. I was hoping it
was a free download to run on local machine. Hmm, it looks like he is
stuck. I will send him this newsgroup reply to him.
--
"Thanks for giving me the courage to eat all those ants." --unknown
/\___/\
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or