Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default How to build a style template for a large document.

The easy ways all entail creating the template BEFORE you create the
document. Of course, plenty of people have been through the process of
cleaning up an existing document, but without seeing it, it's hard to
generalise about the best approach: it depends on what's in it (lots of
tables? graphics?). If it's a complete pig's breakfast, it's often simplest
in the long run to remove ALL formatting and start again.

"David Gunzel" David wrote in message
I have a 300 page document that I need to edit and format. It is a
formatting
nightmare. Does someone have a simple procedure for building a NEW
style/template for such a mess? Surely someone has gone through this kind
of
thing and has found some really neat ways of doing this easily.

Word 2002

Thanks for any ideas