Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default If -Then-Else Statements in Word 2003

{IF{Mergefield County} = "" "{Mergefield PostCode}" "{Mergefield County}
{Mergefield PostCode}"}

Each pair of field boundaries {} is inserted with CTRL+F9. Type the rest.
ALT+F9 to toggle the display.

bxgti4x4 wrote:
I have been reading all the posts regarding the use of Word Fields to
skip a field if the data is blank but I'm still having problems.

I have two Mergefields on the same line County and PostCode.
In some cases, like sending a letter to Australia, the County field is
blank but the PostCode field contains data but when I merge the data,
the whole line is blanked out.

I have tried using the If-Then-Else statement as advised in various
posts but I cannot save the revised field. AlI I end up with is the
original mergefield.

What I want to say is - [If County = "" show Post Code else County and
PostCode]

Could someone please advise how I should format this line and make it
stay there.

Thanks and Regards
John