Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mail merge

Word has never worked directly with the "Windows Address Book", which is
what Outlook Express uses.

So you have to go into the Outlook Express Address Book and export the
addresses, for example to a comma-delimited file, and use that as the data
source for your merge.

Peter Jamieson
"sarah waters" sarah wrote in message
I have windows 97 and am trying to mail merge so that i can create mailing
labels. When i am in the create labels wizard and it says 'get data' it
won't
allow me to access the 'use addresses' button. I want to merge the info
that
i have in my address book in outlook express.