TF

As well as the correct answer to the 'grey' look given by G-n-O and Suzanne,
also make sure that under the Header Style you do not have the Automatically
Update checkbox ticked. But I expect that they are on the ball here.

Terry

"Peter" wrote in message
: Thank you Suzanne
:
: ...but that's the whole problem That is exactly what I did, but I wanted
: normal black for the fiirst page and grey for the rest.
:
: When I look at the first page header before closing it is black, but as
soon
: as I close the Header and Footer both first page and subsequent pages take
: the grey colour and the fist page heade is no longer black.
:
: Something is obviously wrong but I can't see what.
:
: Thanks
:
: peter
:
:
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" escreveu na mensagem
: ...
: When you check the box for "Different first page," you get two entirely
: separate headers, the First Page Header and the Header (you will need to
: have at least two pages in your document to see this). Create the text
you
: want in the First Page Header, then copy/paste it into the Header (or
vice
: versa). Make the required changes in font size and color.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Peter" wrote in message
: ...
: Word 2002
:
: There is a Page Setup option in Headers and Footers and a box that you
: can
: check for 'Different first page'
:
: I want the Header in the first page to be larger size and bolder, and
all
: subsequent pages to have the same info but smaller type and light grey
: colour.
:
: How do you use the 'Different first page' option to do that?
:
: Thank you
:
: