Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pollymary54 Pollymary54 is offline

Default Default Measurement Units have changed to characters overnight!

Carol, have tried everything you suggested on your page, but it didn't work.
I've worked OK, the problem just appeared out of nowhere yesterday. I'm
having to write docs on pub.
--
Pollymary54 from sunny North England

"Carol" wrote:

Glad I could help you!
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"RWild" wrote:

THANKS YOU!!

I was going nuts and that fixed it.

"Carol" wrote:

See: http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"RWild" wrote:

Running Word 2003 SP2 on XPPro. My rulers have apparently decided to display
in units of "characters" even though this is not a choice for units and the
default font is NOT a fixed font. Paragraph formatting is in characters also.

I tried closing Word and deleting normal.dot and doing a "detect and
repair." Neither fixed the problem. Another wrinkle is that, if I tell Word
to "check for updates," if finds three "required" updates for Word 2000!! - I
am running 2003 SP2.

How do I fix this?