Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default 2002 track changes options--- another uh-oh

Ah.... wait... with balloons disabled, my comment boxes are gone, along with
the comments. How do I enable comments while still using the redlining
feature in Track Changes? How do I get my comments back in the document? Are
they still saved somewhere?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What toolbar button? You need run this macro only once; it doesn't need a
button. And note that the options for deleted text apply only if you disable
balloons or view the document in Normal view.

"Lisa" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne,
I know zilch about macros, so I followed the "idiot's guide" exactly. I
copied in exactly this (below):

Sub TrackChanges()

' Thanks Shauna!! Fellow MVP Shauna Kelly provided me the basic format of
' this macro last year when I started using Word2002.

With Application.Options
.RevisedLinesMark = wdRevisedLinesMarkOutsideBorder
.RevisedLinesColor = wdAuto
.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkStrikeThrough
.DeletedTextColor = wdRed
.InsertedTextMark = wdInsertedTextMarkItalic
.InsertedTextColor = wdBlue
.RevisedPropertiesMark = wdRevisedPropertiesMarkColorOnly
.RevisedPropertiesColor = wdViolet

End With
End Sub

It did not work. The toolbar button does nothing. I can;t make my new

button
active so I can check it in the "Add or Remove buttons"--"Reviewing" list.
Further, I now cannot get added text when I edit to be any color but

black.
This is bad! I think I did something big wrong. The link you sent also

gives
this as the way to change the deleted text font color:

1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VB Editor
2. Press Ctrl+G to open the "Immediate window"
3. Type - Application.Options.DeletedTextColor = wdBlue
4. Press Enter

So I tried various variations to change the "Added" text font color, but

it
wouldn't recognize "added" or any other word in place of "Deleted." So I

am
stumped, and stuck. Any advice out there??
Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word 2002 does not offer the ability to format deleted text, but see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Put_Track_...k_On_Track.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Lisa" wrote in message
I am looking at instructions for having Track Changes shown as

highlights
(added text) and strikethroughs (deleted text)--"redlining feature."

I'm
told
to go to Tools--Track Changes-- Highlight Feature, and check all

boxes.
Unfortunately there is not submenu under Track Changes in Word 2002,

or if
there is, I don't know how to get to it. How does one get this

"redlining"
feature in Word 2002?
Thanks,
Lisa