Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveT SteveT is offline

Default Why can't see the 'page break' dotted line in my documents?

Thanks for the response - I fiddled around a bit, and I think I've found a way.

* Click on the Vista Office button
* Click 'Word Options'
* Click 'Advanced'
* Scroll down to the bottom to the drop down box that reads 'Lay out this
document as if created in' - then select 'Microsoft Word 2002' from the box.
* Click 'OK'

Now, the page breaks appear.

Cheers
Steve

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?U3RldmVU?=,

When I insert a page break on Word 2007 documents, I can't see the usual
"---Page Break---" dotted line. The only way I can do this is to click the
'Show/Hide' formatting button in the paragraph section - and I don't want to
do that as seeing all the formatting is distracting.

Unfortunately, no, you can't view the Page Breaks without displaying all the
non-printing characters.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org