Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry Larry is offline

Default How to install macros and menus in 2007

For my own work, I may stay with Word 97, though I would need to buy my own
copy since what I have came with my computer. Eventually older applications
might stop working with newer hardware.

But right now I'm helping a friend who has 2007.

Also one needs to stay abreast of what's happening in Word.

And it's not just about me. It's about the fact that MS imposed this
monstrosity on its users.

What I'd like to do when I get a new computer, which I need to do but keep
putting off, is partition the harddrive so I could have different versions
of Word.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Have you considered simply staying with Word 97? You've noted several

times,
it fits your needs and you don't really need Word 2007. I can't seem to
figure out why you are bothering to upgrade...

"Larry" wrote in message

That's great. But then how would the older menus integrate with the
actual
dialog boxes and tabs of Word 2007? For example. in the older versions

of
Word, you go to Tools, Options, and you get a whole bunch of tabs there,
General, Edit, Save, etc. I guess what happens with this ToolbarToggle

is
that you go to Tools Options, but that takes you to the same place as
going
to the "Office button" and clicking on "Options."

Also, does ToolbarToggle make it possible to turn off the Ribbion
completely
if you want (not just minimize it?)