Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Allow white spaces for hidden text in Word 2003

Hope I understand you correctly now. You can make hidden text visible in
Print Layout and hidden in Print Preview (and printed version) if you do this:

To make hidden text _visible_ in Print Layout: Select Tools Options View
tab and make sure that the settings "Hidden text" and/or "All" are _turned
on_ below "Formatting marks".

To make hidden text _invisible_ in Print Preview (and printed version):
Select Tools Options Print tab and make sure that "Hidden text" is
_turned off_.

To make room in the printed version for the students to write their answers,
you could insert the questions and answers in a table with fixed row heights
- this will leave the rows intact in the printed version even if text is
hidden.

See this article for other ideas:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Peter - hidden text question" wrote:

Thank you Lene,

But, I want the hidden text to not appear in Print View, but be able to view
in Page View.

If I am teaching a class, and I have a printed exercise, I want the students
to have fill in the answer, and then for me to show the corrects answers on a
projector screen in Page View with the correct answers.

Kind regards,

Peter