Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sksmith2517 sksmith2517 is offline

Default Merge to Directory

In Word 2003, under the Mail Merge Task Pane there's a DIRECTORY option. I
want to merge our personnel database into a directory. I want a 2 column
layout with the Family name & Phone Number on line one followed with 3
indented lines of info (Address, names, etc).

The way I'm trying this I'm not getting any layout options - the output is
simply line after line.

When I do a label merge I get the fields and can enter precisely what I
want. But since there's an Option for Directory I thought that's what I
should be using.

What am I doing wrong?