Have you set up your outline numbering as described at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...umbering.html? This is the
best way I know to make numbering unbreakable.

"Sharon" wrote in message
Yes, I have done what you suggested. I actually seemd to fix the problem

by
going into the document, selecting the Headings that were incorrectly
numbered (Heading 3), changing them to Heading 2, and then clicking Indent

demote them. They were then numbered correctly.

Is that an appropriate fix?
Thanks for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Make sure that (a) the second number is actually a field and not just a
typed number 1 (it should appear gray in the "Number format" box) and

(b)
you have checked the box for "Restart numbering after..." and selected

the
appropriate level.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sharon" wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. I set up Headings 1, 2, and 3 using the

Customized
Outline Numbered list dialog box. For Heading 3, I get the following:

3.0
3.1
3.1.1
3.1.2
3.2
3.1.3
3.1.4

As you can see, the second set of Heading 3 numbers continues the list

from
the first set, rather than starting over under 3.2. I am at a loss as

how
to fix this. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Sharon