Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ladypep Ladypep is offline

Default Insert/Typeover Mode

Thanks, Jay. I tried this but it doesn't exactly accomplish what I was
hoping. A lot of my users have the problem of accidentally hitting the
Insert key without realizing it. If I remove assignment of Insert key, it
only removes ability to insert altogether, so that it is permanently on
Typeover, no matter if you press the key or not. I need the same thing in
opposite, in that I need my users to be able to remain in Insert mode whether
or not they have accidentally pressed the Insert key or not.

Thanks,
--
Sherry

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In Tools Customize Keyboard, select the Overtype command and remove the
assignment of the Insert key.

There's an option in Tools Options Edit to make the Insert key do a
Paste instead of Overtype, but IMO that's as bad or worse.

--
Jay Freedman

"Ladypep" wrote:

My users have asked me if there is anyway to permanently disable typeover
mode. There is none that I know of. Does anyone know of some setting I can
change so that pressing the Insert key does not toggle to Typeover?

Thanks
--
Sherry