Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default Remove default text in form field

JB:

You might consider using ActiveX controls (those in the Controls Toolbox
toolbar rather than the Forms toolbar). These add a lot of size and
processing overhead, plus macro security issues to the document, but they
give you much, much greater flexibility over how the controls look and behave.

The price is that you have to program the behavior in VBA yourself.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000

"JB" wrote:

I'm looking for some clarification regarding forms in Word.

I would like for a user to be able to click inside a text form field and
have the default text automatically be removed, as it does when you press
tab. Currently, when a user clicks into the form field, the default text is
wrapped around whatever content is added and must be deleted manually.

Is there a work-around for this? Thanks!
--
JB