Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hall[_2_] Hall[_2_] is offline

Default Removing styles from drop down

....and after I select the ones I want to show, I choose from the
"Show" drop-down "Available styles". That last step seems to be what
activates this filtering. I had to fiddle to finally see that part.

Thanks so much!

On May 9, 12:41 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
In the Styles and Formatting task pane, select Show: Custom. This opens a
dialog in which you can set which styles you want to be visible. This
controls the Styles list as well as the task pane.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Hall" wrote in message

ups.com...

Word 2003

OK, how do I control style visibility then?

Thx

On May 8, 4:20 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
What version of Word? If it's Word 2002 or above, you can control style
visibility.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Hall" wrote in message

roups.com...

The drop-down list of styles has way too many styles for my needs. I
want to remove most of them.

I tried using Organizer from the Styles form (that's from the icon
showing the little A and the big blue underlined A). I used it to
remove from the current document the styles I don't want, and added
from my Normal.dot the styles that I do want.

But the drop-down still has all those styles I don't want. How do I
get rid of them?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -