Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Default Conditional page eject in "Catalogue" mail merge

Am Tue, 15 May 2007 07:30:53 UTC, schrieb "Peter Jamieson"
auf
microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields :

Thanks a lot for your help, and thanks too to Doug Robbins.

Then at the point where you want the page break

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD "Zimmer_Nr" }" = "{ REF previousZimmer_Nr }" "" "put a
hard page break character here" }{ SET previousZimmer_Nr "{ MERGEFIELD
"Zimmer_Nr" }" }

I have chosen your approach because it seemed to be easier than
writing a whole VBA program, and because it was more like what I was
looking for. It works OK, but the "hard page break charakter" does
break the field -- there may not be a paragraph or page break within a
mail merge field. I had a similar problem already last year with
another project then.

I tried to insert an {AUTOTEXT NewPage} with NewPage being a blank,
but with a paragraph formatting forcing a page break before the
paragraph. That did not work either. I have now inserted "###" as a
special sequence of characters which I then change later to something
else with the paragraph formatting as mentioned above. That did work.

Cheers,
L.W.