Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pgarcia pgarcia is offline

Default (PRIVATE) AND OTHER SYMBOLS SHOWING ON WORD DOCUMENTS

We just fixed the problem here. Have her do this: Close Word. Locate
'Normal.dot' file and delete it (The quickist way is to enter this in the
address bar of Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates). Then open
Word and turn off the Show/Hide ΒΆ button. Close Word and open agian.

" wrote:

My co-worker is having the same issue. The text {private} is next to
every title in a document. We used to use WordPerfect way back in the
day and most of these documents were imported into Word. We all use
these documents, however, my co-worker is the only one who sees the
words {private} around each title.