Greg Maxey

Mike,

Try a EQ field. Type EQ \o (Smith, John)
Select it all and press CTRL+F9. Select the Smith, John part and format it
to font 150. Next select the John part and FormatFontCharacter
SpacingPositionRaised and enter 130. ALT+F9 to toggle the code. You may
need to twiddle with the raised value to get the exact effect you want.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

mike wrote:
I would like to know how to get the space between 2 lines of text down
to zero. I actually want the first line to rest on the second line.
Why am I doing this you may ask? It is because I want to scroll saw
someones name as a single piece of wood. For instance. I set the font
size to 150 and then pick a font set uppercase on and set bold on. I
then type JOHN on line 1 and SMITH on line 2. I select the whole name
and center it. Next using character spacing I kern the letters so
there is no space between them. Actually some overlap is not a
problem. I can now print this, temporarily glue it to a piece of wood
and then cut it out. This gives me a piece for each part of the name.
If I can now reduce the space between the 2 lines I can then cut it
out as a single piece. How do I reduce the space between the 2 lines
of text? I have tried Paragraph spacing but have not had any success.
Thanks for any and all help.