Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gail[_2_] Gail[_2_] is offline

Default Tbl Contents hyperlinks

This is wonderful. thank you thank you. Now IF I needed to add something
tothe Table can I revert to the "hyperlink" setup, update the Table and then
perform the Ctrl=Shift=F9 function again?
--
Thank you for your help
Gail

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Does your table of contents (TOC) show the correct content now? If that is
the case, you can change it to "normal" text as follows:
Select the TOC. Unlink it by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F9 (changes it from a TOC
field to normal text). Then press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any Hyperlink
formatting.

If the TOC is not correct (displaying errors): Have you tried to delete the
TOC and insert a new one?

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Gail" wrote:

On testing the update after i deleted the "h" switch I still have teh
hyperlink function. A-A-A-RG! How can I keep the Table of Contetns in print
form ONLY??? - getting rid of the hyperlink business altogether
--
Thank you for your help
Gail

"Gail" wrote:

Using Word 2000 - I am trying to produce a *pdf copy of my document which has
a Table of Contents. This I am doing with program PDF995. I deleted the
switch "H" after discovering how to access the field code for the Table of
Contents using ALT-F9. I saved the document.

I used the program PDF995 to convert to a *pdf file. The Table of Contents
did not convert entirely. About every second entry in the Table reads:

Error! Hyperlink Reference Not Valid.

The really awful thing was this happened in the original document as well.
I could not update the Table in the original because then EVERY entry in the
table resulted with the ERROR! Hyperlink Reference Not Valid. (fortunately I
had a saved copy on CD)

Please help. If I could produce a pdf copy of my document it would save me
large bucks because the printing compnay (this is for a published book) would
not have to charge me for this.

I have used PDF995 on many other documents with no issues. It is the Table
of Contents which is creating this havoc in my life

Thanks
Gail
--
Thank you for your help