Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stoopit Stoopit is offline

Default RFT-DCA converter for Word 2003

Well, looked at the reg file, and it looks like it was looking for a certain
path. Fixed that, and it seems to be working. Boy am I stoopit :-( Hope
it works the same on Word 2003 (that was 2000)

"Stoopit" wrote:

I come across files in this format (from old IBM days...) that Word won't
open. I have one old computer with Office 2000 that has this converter
installed (can pull down from a list of converters when you go to open the
file - similarly viewable under Save As list of file types). I need to
decomission that computer, and have a Word 2003 computer(s) with this
capability.

I tried www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm and downloaded the zip file for this -
it has a .cnv and .reg file. Ran the .reg & now see DisplayWrite
(*.rft;*.dca) file type. Tried to test with a Save As, but got error "Word
cannot start the converter Rftdca32.cnv". There were no instructions with
the download - help!!