Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 and Vista - add-in tab has gone missing

That sounds like instructions for Word 2003 to me. In 2003, you have the
ability to show a hidden toolbar. 2007 doesn't allow you to do that
though.
You can probably make it appear with a line of VBA code though. Maybe
one of the Word MVPs who knows VBA a lot better than I do can volunteer
a link or the appropriate line of code?

I would suggest to give the support folks another call anyhow though.
Tell them to take a look at http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/10/18/68. That
will tell them exactly what you can and cannot do in Word 2007 in this
regard. I suspect that you won't be the only person who is going to
encounter this problem once you upgrade to 2007, so they'll probably be
able to find a solution for everyone with your case.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

" wrote in message
:

I'm referring to the Add-ins tab on the right hand side of the ribbon.
The add-in is for Naturalreader (text-to-speech application). The
support folks at Naturalsoft say the program is compatable with Vista
but speak of right-clicking on the toolbar to get the add-in to
appear. I may be misunderstanding them.

I removed and re-installed the program but no luck.