Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Howard Cross Howard Cross is offline

Default Typing time designation

Not really... it's just getting good!

--
howard

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Juvenal

"BK" wrote in message
Oh no!! This is getting worse instead of better. grin

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or you can thoroughly confuse people by writing 12 M. for noon. g

so
all may benefit.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Well to be fastidiously correct, your usage is correct and everything
else
'should' be wrong. However, languages evolve and conventions change so
now
either AM or am is widely acceptable. But they should be separate from
the
numbers, as Suzanne has mentioned. Definitely avoid 12 am or 12 pm as so
many people don't know the origin of am/pm that they cannot work out
which
is noon and which is midnight. So whenever practicable, write noon or
midnight.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"BK" wrote in message
I'm probably old-fashioned, but I always type time in this format:
7:00
p.m.

More and more often I see 7:00pm or 7:00 PM and Word doesn't seem to

mark
any of these as grammatically incorrect. Is there a "right" way?