Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Mail Merge

Use a catalog (or if you are using Word XP or later, it is called
"directory") type mailmerge main document.

In that document, insert one set of the merge fields in the configuration
that you want them and then execute the merge to a new document. Note that
everything that you put in the mail merge main document will be repeated for
each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ella" wrote in message
What's the procedure for merging a manually constructed, properly coded
list,
such as an inventory (column headings have the field names, as required)
so
that the result is a formatted list (formatting is specified in the main
document). When I try to merge, I get a single entry, as if I were doing
envelopes. Using the same files, I used to be able to get a formatted
multi-page list. I'm using Win XP Pro SP2 and Word 2003.