Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Default Force "page break" in linked text boxes?

Thanks for the reply, Stefan.

Is there a way you can format the documents without using text boxes?

No. It's a report-within-a-report. The main report is in Word, and
this smaller report needs to be inserted. By our style criteria, this
inserted report needs to be set off by a border to indicate it's
separate. Plus, it's got such a horrible mish-mash of styles and
formatting that I don't want it touching my main document! So a
series of bordered text boxes seems to be the answer.

Ed

On Jun 15, 1:06 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
No, this is not possible in Word--which has limited options for
controlling the text flow in linked text boxes.

Is there a way you can format the documents without using text boxes? If
not, you'd better use page layout software such as Publisher.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed" wrote in message

ups.com...

I need to flow a multi-page document into several linked text boxes in
another report. Unfortunately, the page breaks of the original
document aren't falling in the same place in the text boxes. Ctrl
+Enter doesn't work to force a "page break" - that is, to make the
text begin at the top of the next text box. Is this possible? If so,
what is the magic key combo?

Ed- Hide quoted text -