Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Versions in Word 2007

I had heard of corruptions but didn't experience any myself. It was nice way
to save just changes for multiple versions without having to duplicate or
triplicate entire documents.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Kim

Kim wrote:
What happened to the File Versions feature in Word 2007? Has it been
replaced with something else? I thought that was a great feature.

apparently, it was not used extensively (enough), and was discontinued
for Word 2007.

Personally, I didn't see any benefit at all of "Versions" vs. "Save As"
(and, on the contrary, more threats to the file integrity if you add too
many versions into the binary format).

Greetings
Robert
--