Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default Word 2007 background and toolbars

No sorry, Word will always use Segoe UI.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"bnc" wrote in message
:

Is there a way to change the fonts of the menu items in Word? I found a way
to change it in Outlook, but don't find it in Word. The fonts used in the
ribbon toolbars are too light, need to change it or make them bold. Thank
you.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

In addition to the previous answers: You can change the color scheme by
clicking the Office button, Word Options, Popular, Color Scheme. You can
pick a blue, black or silver scheme there.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Outlook 2007 Performance Update: http://pschmid.net/blog/2007/04/13/105
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://ribboncustomizer.com
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"bnc" wrote in message
:

My parents got a new computer with Office 2007. We are not happy with how
Word looks/works. What happened to the top menubar with "File, Edit, etc?"
How does one "select all" now?
Is there a way to get rid of all the huge blocks of formatting menus along
the top? It takes up too much room, we like the old look of the ruler and
one formatting toolbar and the file, edit, etc options across the top of the
screen. Also, the blue color makes it hard for them to read icons, they
don't stand out starkly. Is there a way to revert to a "classic" word look
so it looks like Word 2003? Or at least a way to change the blue color and
font of menu options? If not, can I install Word 2003 and use that easily or
would it revert to 2007?
Thank you.