Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
psale psale is offline

Default Word 2003 Envelopes and Labels fails to insert address into en

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Can you insert address data directly into Word from the AddressBook icon?
i.e. is it just in the Envelopes dialog box that it does not work?

I am unable to locate such an icon, except for the one that appears within
Word's "ToolsLetters and MailingsEnvelopes and Labels..." Might you know
which "Toolbar" I need to activate in Word to cause that icon to appear?

The "Outlook Address Book" does not allow "top level" addresses, but just
contains those folders in Outlook which you specify (e.g in the Folder's
Properties dialog box, Outlook Address Book tab.

The "Personal Address Book" is another address book "service" that previous
versions of Outlook and/or the old Exchange client came with (I forget
exactly when these services came and went). It's probably empty because it's
a separate "book" and you haven't put anything in it :-) It doesn't
actually have to be installed for either Outlook or Word to work properly. I
suppose there could be some reason why it needs to be there on your system,
and it probably isn't doing any harm, but if you really want to get rid of
it I'd create a Windows Restore point, then go into Outlook Tools|Email
Accounts, view or change existing directories or address books, select it,
click "Change..." just to see if there's any info. there that might make you
keep it, then remove it.

I only today added those two address books to Outlook 2003 in the vain hope
that they would become populated with the contents of my Outlook Contacts,
and I could then insert an address from one of them into an envelope. Sounds
like I can safely delete (remove) both of them via Outlook and/or the XP
Control Panel?
-
Peter Sale
USA