Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RScotti RScotti is offline

Default Word 2007 spelling & grammar check

OK, I got it. You have to have an error in spelling to get to it.I didn't know that. Sorry.
It is not grayed out just empty.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:01:38 -0400, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Okay... Press Ctrl+A and look again at the checkbox. Is it really empty, or
is it grayed/blued? If the latter then it means that part of the selection
contains text marked as "Do not check".

If it's really empty... are there any text boxes in the document? If so,
text boxes aren't selected when you press Ctrl+A. So, if those contain "Do
not check" text, then that could be what's triggering the message. So might
text contained in footnotes/endnotes, which are also left out of the Ctrl+A
selection in the body of the document.

We'll hunt it down! It just takes persistence. ;-)

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.