Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LarryMac LarryMac is offline

Default Style doesn't apply correctly in text box

By the lack of response should I take it that there is no solution for this?

"LarryMac" wrote:

I am using a text box to create pull quotes in a book in Word 2007.

I have styled the text to have 3 pt borders at the top and bottom. During
creation of the document, I experimented with different size borders.

Now, while all the borders in the document are set to the style of 3 pt and
all clearly appear as such, when I print to PDF many of the boxes have 1 pt
or other border settings.

When I attempt to modify the style, I can see the different changes, but
still the PDF has the wrong settings for many of the boxes. The style sheet
says the style is not in use, but if I change it, all the pull quotes change.
Is it the case that if a text box was styled manually, and you changed the
style, it would not change the manually set text box? Is there a way to
overcome this?

I would also like to know if there is any way to search all the text boxes
and confirm that the "expand to fit text" is checked.

Thanks.