Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changed Default Language - word still uses original for new do

I do see English (New Zealand) listed on the Input Locales tab of Control
Panel | Regional Options in Windows 2000.

"Bod" wrote in message
I've gone through ALL the styles, and the only one which mentions language

in
its description is Normal, and that's set to English NZ.
The Global Language is also NZ, but there is no NZ keyboard, so I have had
to select a US one - I have selected US International (don't know what

diff
from the original default one). Could that keyboard be fooling Word?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The default language in Word can be changed using Tools | Language | Set
Language, but this won't "take" unless you have also changed the

language in
Windows. That information (along with a link to
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm) is in the

article
originally referenced, I believe.