Thanks for the correction, Terry. I used to always look that figure up in
"Limits for Word," but now that Word's Help no longer has that topic...
sigh The curious thing is that either the Help topic or the KB or both
implied that the 1,638-point limit was determined by Word's 22" page size
limit. This was actually stated as 1,638 points = 22". Yet 1,638 points ÷ 72
points/inch = 22.75". I've never understood that.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Jim

Not at All. Word will accept paper up to 22" x 22" on which a character
1,638 points (which is what Suzanne meant to type) in most fonts will
comfortably fit on paper that size.

Certainly a figure 8 in Arial, Bold 1,638points has room to spare!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Jim" wrote in message
: On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:18:31 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
: wrote:
:
: And the "tiny font" part comes from formatting the text at a very small
font
: size. Although the smallest size shown in the spin box for Font Size is

8
: points, you can format text at any size from 1 point to 1,238 points,

in
: half-point increments. Just type the size you want into the box and

press
: Enter.
:
: Just a rhetorical question, Suzanne: who would ever use a 1,238 point
: letter? At something over 17 inches, wouldn't this be a poster child
: for the "jaggies?"
:
:
: Blessed be, for sure...