Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail Merge Outcome Validation

Most people have better things to do. The only way to do it would be to
physically compare the data in Excel source with that in the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mushinma" wrote in message
I mail-merged 10 records of source data from MS Excel 2003 into an one page
MS Word 2003 template. The mail merge completed sucessfully with a 10-page
outcome Word file containing all records from the merge.

My question is: is there a way I can compare the merged data in the final
Word document with the original Excel data? In other words, if I have
firstName: A, B, C in the source Excel file, I want to know whether after
the
mail merge value A, B, C is in the merged document with the exact value
and
order as original.

Thanks in advance!!!