Jezebel

If you're using W2003, you can determine the vertical position of each line
through the Lines() collection --

activedocument.activewindow.Panes(1).Pages(1).Rect angles(3).Lines(1).Top

This bit of object modelling is somewhat mysterious, and the documentation
is MS at its absolute worst. From what I've been able to work out: You have
to be in Print view for it to work, and the number of Rectangles on each
page depends on your layout. If you have headers and footers, the body of
the page seems to be Rectangle(3) .... but there may be other factors.

Alternatively, you can physically select each line and use the Information()
property to get its vertical position.

"Tim" wrote in message
I need to put numbers down the side of a page for a set of legal documents.
Built in line numbering is no good because it doesnt number blank lines
caused by space after the paragraph so I have written code to calculate
the
position of each line and place a number in a text box next to the line.
Even
though all font sizes are 12 (Arial and TNR), the numbers fall out of line
when line numbering is single. Why is this so?

Thanks

Tim