Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_62_] Henk57[_62_] is offline

Default Table header row won't repeat

FWIW, I also found that Heading Rows Repeat not always works properly.
In Word 2002 unchecking the Checked Heading Repeat and checking it
again suddenly gets it to work. Upon trial-and-error checking I found
that when you select the whole table the check Heading Rows Repeat
doesnt work (duhh!), not when more rows than a full page are selected.
So maybe an unintentional "selected table" (eg to apply a table style?)
caused this behaviour? 'Herb Tyson [MVP Wrote:
;2290118']I always include the caveat because I never know when there's
going to be a
formatting issue I hadn't thought about it. Being a die-hard pessimist
means
there's a constant stream of pleasant surprises. :-)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Ian-M" wrote in message
...-
Thanks Herb,
Yesterday I was able to "launder" the table by copying into WordPad
then
back into Word. Not necessary to reformat; it was very easy. Also,
where
someone else had mentioned this copy-paste-copy technique in another
post
in
this forum someone responded that it is not necessary. But when tried
it
works very well.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
-
Is this *never* working, or only in that document?

Try creating a new table in a new Document window. Can you get the
header
row to repeat in the new table/document?

If it works in a new document, then it's probable that the table in
the
other document is corrupted.

There are a variety of ways to try to fix it... but, all the ones [I
know
of] that work require a bit of effort... such as converting the
existing
table to text, copying the text to a new document, then converting it

back
into a table. Another "laundering" technique is to copy the table
into
Excel, then copy it back into Word. Both techniques require a fair
amount
of
cleanup and reformatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog:
http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Ian-M" wrote in message
...-
Yes.

"Swifty" wrote:

I have a multipage table, no manual page breaks. The header row
won't
repeat
as it should. I have tried selecting "keep with next" on the
header
row. I
am sure no other rows are selected to repeat. Only the
widow/orphan
control
is selected in paragraph format.

But have you selected "Table", "Heading Row Repeats"?

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

Henk57