Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default HOW DO I INSERT A NOTE TO MYSELF IN THAT DOES NOT PRINT?

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
However note that in Word 2003 at least you can set Word to display hidden
text but not print it (tools options view & print) - and this appears to
be the default in Word 2007.

Pepper22 wrote:
Thank you Graham. I hope I am smart enough!! Maybe I'll end up with
a macro to make me hide and unhide!!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Use a macro to hide the hidden formatting, print the document then
display the hidden formatting again eg

ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = False
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = True

Pepper22 wrote:
I am using Word 2007. Thank you for your help. When I use text
formating "hidden", I can no longer see the note to myself. I want
to see the note without printing it.