Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Saltlick Saltlick is offline

Default Footers in Word 2007

Hello,
I'm working in a lengthy manual, using mirror margins so that the document
has 2" of border on the outside of each portrait page. The doc will be
printed front and back. My problem is that I am unsure how to format the
footers. Currently, I am using first page, odd and even footers. Talk about a
complicated doc! Additionally, the Appendix has landscape documents as well.
The issues I am having are these:
1. The front matter is paginated with Roman numerals. They are not appearing
sequentially--why?
2. The chapters each have an intro page (odd-numbered) and a beginning page
(also odd-numbered). Word is not numbering any of these sections. I am having
to go in and manually number. How do I force it to number?
3. Each footer must contain a graphic jpeg of the company's logo. Wow. Word
footers sure don't like that arrangement with copyright text I have. On
mirror images, the footer is formatting differently on the odd and even
footers. How do I correct this?

Thanks for your help!
Salty