Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kiwi_731 Kiwi_731 is offline

Default Empty pages appearing in document after section breaks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your "Next Page" break has been converted to an "Odd Page" break (if you
look at the section break indicator in Normal view, you'll see this). With
the insertion point in Section 2, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup and
change the section start type to "New page."

--

Thanks for the quick response.

Thats the strange thing €“ the section breaks inform consistently that they
are next page section breaks!

When use File Page Setup to change them to Continuous, all page breaks
disappear €“ as they should. As soon as I change them back to Next Page,
however, _two_ page breaks appear at each one!

Just to see what happened, I changed the first section break to €œEven page€
(which is what it would be anyway), whereupon _both_ the spurious page breaks
vanished!

So its working, but I still have the feeling something is going to pop out
and bite me.

A thought €“ I have amended the page numbering on the second page/section
footer to restart at one in lowercase roman numerals, just in case that
affects anything (I notice it has been warned against)

Just for backgrounds sake, I am trying to follow John McGhies instructions
to create a standard template for a technical manual as per
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

Thanks for the help.

Hopeful Kiwi