Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Screen view 100%

Well, I just couldn't wait until the weekend, especially since the way you
described it seem so straight forward. Excellent, Beth. Easy, because your
instructions were precise and I followed them to the detail. Being new to MS
Word, you momentarily thru me with your "QAT", but after pause. I figured it
out. The macro worked and it was what I was looking for. Thank you again.

Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
You're welcome. It should be pretty easy, a few button clicks and copy
paste. Once you create the macro and try it out, let us know if that's
what you were looking for. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
Thanks Beth
I'll give it a try over the weekend and the end of my normal workweek.
Can't afford the time until then, but am anxious to give macros a try in
Word.
With appreciation
Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Well then why didn't you ask? ;-)

To use the macro follow these steps:
- In Word, click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Word Options
- In the Popular section, turn on Show Developer tab in the Ribbon
- Click OK to close Word Options and apply the change
- On the Developer tab, click Macros
- In the Macro Name text box, type FullScreenView (no spaces allowed)
- Make sure the Macros In list reflects "Normal.dotm (global template)"
- Click Create
- Copy the lines from below:

With ActiveWindow
.View.FullScreen = True
.View.Zoom.PageFit = wdPageFitTextFit
End With

- Paste the copied lines between Sub FullScreenView and End Sub
- From the File menu, click Close and Return to Microsoft Office Word

To add the macro to your Quick Access Toolbar:
- Click the More button (down pointing arrow) at the end of your QAT and
then click More Commands
- From the "Choose commands from" list, select macros
- Select the macro, FullScreenView and click Add to add it to your QAT
- Use the Modify command to modify the icon and ScreenTip, if desired.
- Click OK to close Word Options
- Try the macro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
I am ashamed to admit that I did not. Have worked with Word Perfect for
over 20 years and am tying to convert to Word. Never was much good with
macros in WP. I figured it would take a rocket scientist to do this one
... or at least a little more help from someone in this group. (smile)
Jerry

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
I suspect you didn't try my macro method. :-)