Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default change order of columns in mailmerge "select recipients"

Try using the union query as the source for a new query in which you arrange
the fields in the required order.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"helios" wrote in message
Does this help?
The mailmerge query is based on a union query which pulls together data
from
seven queries. (Please--I know, but this is an inherited database and I
have
no time to overhaul the data management.)

Is the order perhaps a prioritized conglomeration of field order in one or
all of the query levels? I'll see if I can make any sense of it.

"helios" wrote:

Word 2003/Access 2003 (Access 2000 database format)

I have a mailmerge linked to an Access query. It allows the user to
select
invitees using the "Select Recipients" utility. However, I can't seem to
figure out how to make certain fields show up in the first few columns of
the
query records list. This makes it difficult to quickly scan and select
certain recipients from the list without first shrinking the width of the
columns that don't identify the recipient (i.e. name, type, event, etc.).
have tried reordering the columns in the query design view (matches SQL
order), in the datasheet view. I have the query sorted on three fields
(one
is calculated), if that matters. None of this seems to have any bearing
on
the order of the fields in the "Mail Merge Recipients" window!

How can I get the fields to show up in my preferred order?!