Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
savageanne savageanne is offline

Default Best way to insert shadeed space before a paragraph using styles

One of my heading styles has the paragraph formatted with shading. The top
of the capital letters come quite close to the edge of the shading, so I'd
like the shading to be a little "taller". I thought that I could just
insert space before, but when I do that the space is white, not colored as
I'd like it to be.

Is there a solution to this other than creating a new style with the same
color background and inserting a dummy paragraph before all my headings?
That will work, but I'm hoping there's another way.

Thanks so much.